I've been evaluating this bag for the past couple of weeks, and here are my pros and cons. Overall, I like it! But it's not the perfect bag for me.
1. Good size: it fits my (smaller) laptop and has pockets and dividers for all the normal necessities. I have a notebook, pens, headphones, small makeup bag, sunglasses, snacks, large travel coffee mug, etc. and they all fit snugly. I like that it's not so huge that I have to search endlessly for whatever I need. I have noticed that adding my raincoat for our recent unseasonable weather is pushing the limits of this bag.
2. I love the two strap types: when I have a lighter load I carry it at my elbow with the shorter straps. When I'm hiking to or from the bus stop, I carry it over my shoulder. The straps are a good width, seem strong, and don't cut in painfully. However, the shorter straps stick out in an odd way when it's over the shoulder - I wish they would fold in or tuck better somehow.
3. I have the Davenport, and I LOVE the design. It is cute, bright, and summery. I get compliments all the time.
1. I am concerned that this won't be large enough for use in the winter (see size comments above).
2. I am not loving the canvas material. It gets dirty easily and water soaks through to my stuff. I would prefer a more robust, water-resistant material, especially in the winter.
3. It's pretty hefty, even before you pack it up. Hauling it around fully loaded is a lot - it would be nice if the product didn't contribute quite so much of the weight.
Overall, I'm happy at the moment! We'll see what happens when the weather changes this fall. :)
just received today. shipping was crazy fast. seems really well made and looks like its easy to keep clean. better price than the other bags I looked at with a padded sleeve for tablet. holds a lot without being too bulky, but the material makes it heavy. not a downside for me, but I can see for some being rather heavy if its packed to the brim and have to carry it for a while.
Recently viewed products
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …