Mercado San Augustin, located in Tuscon Arizona, is a melting pot of pure bliss. The open courtyard welcomes guests near and far to enjoy local community flavors from baked sweets to unexpected cocktails.
The biggest dilemma will be, where to start? I suggest putting your name in at Augustin Kitchen (outside is lovely). Then wander around the eclectic shops while scoping out where to have dessert.
Augustin Kitchen's passion for fresh food with subtle hints of local flavors is contagious. It will leave you most likely wanting to try it all.
I went for the breakfast salad. It is a dish I have been creating at restaurants for years; order a small salad, two poached eggs, and a side of roasted potatoes. No need for re-creating here. They rock it.
Sound good? Travel to Tuscon in your kitchen this weekend with the quick Breakfast Salad Recipe below.
THE BREAKFAST SALAD INGREDIENTS
2-3 Lg Potatoes
2-6 Eggs Pending on Guest Amount
1 Head of Fresh Greens
Salt + Pepper
MAKING THE BREAKFAST SALAD
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Cut the potatoes into small chunks. Toss in a bowl with about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper. Place in a roasting pan. Roast for 30-45 Min. Then cool.
2. To make the salad dressing add 2-3 tablespoons of mustard to a bowl. Add 1-2 teaspoons of maple syrup. Then slowly stir in olive oil until smooth. Add salt and pepper (can use cayenne) to taste. Set aside.
3. Cut avocado in half. Remove the pit. Then peel the skin. Lay the avocado flat and cut into long half moons.
4. Poach 2-6 eggs pending on how many each guest would like. Set aside.
5. Add the fresh greens (cut to size) to a large salad bowl. Add dressing and toss. Add avocados and cooled potatoes. Toss all ingredients together. Plate and add egg(s). Add cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.